Are you looking for an effective solution to reduce water runoff on your patio? Are you planning a large paving project and want to be environmentally friendly? Then check out the features and benefits of permeable pavers. These paving systems offer the same level of durability and strength as regular stone pavers but allow for additional water drainage while reducing water runoff. Valley Landscaping, Stone and Patio offers permeable pavers in Catonsville, MD, and the surrounding area. We provide several options for pavers that work in a variety of backyard environments. To find out more about permeable pavers services, contact us today for a free consultation with a licensed contractor. We are here to help you with all of your hardscape projects.
How Do Permeable Pavers Work?
These landscaping pavers are an excellent means to enhance the beauty and usability of your home. Permeable pavers have a joint that is filled with fine gravel or porous sweep in the material. We fill some wide joint pavers with gravel or grass to grow in the pockets for a unique look. The joints allow water to enter from the top surface and eventually trickle into the ground. The base under permeable patios and driveways are what is called an open grade base. All clean stone is under the pavers which allows water to drain into the soil underneath and become groundwater, the same way as if the pavers were not there. How fast does the water drain into the surface? That depends on the type of permeable pavers you purchase and is referred to as the infiltration rate. The larger the joint opening, the higher the infiltration rate.
Types of Permeable Pavers We Offer
When it comes to pavers, there are a lot of options to choose from. At Valley Landscaping, Stone and Patio, we offer customers dry-laid pavers. Our experts install these pavers over a bed of clean gravel. Water then passes through the permeable joint openings between the pavers, reducing runoff. Our dry-laid pavers are environmentally friendly and provide faster drainage.
What Are the Benefits of Permeable Pavers?
There are several benefits of using permeable pavers, some of which include:
- Water sinks into the ground instead of running off of the stone surface
- Water no longer accumulates quickly, which reduces flooding
- There are no more water pools that gather and remain for several days
- There are few maintenance needs that occur from ongoing standing water
- Water filters as it drains through the base material becomes clean groundwater
Schedule Permeable Paver Services Today
If you want to work with a company that you can trust to handle every stage of your exterior home improvement project, then contact Valley Landscaping, Stone and Patio today. Our licensed hardscape specialists offer premier permeable pavers in Catonsville, MD. Also, we offer homeowners a variety of other services to make home improvement projects easier. For instance, our experienced experts can provide:
- Landscape Design: We can present a variety of options to enhance the exterior of your property matching your home’s color and make the most of the space available.
- Planting: Surrounding your home in flowers or other foliage can rejuvenate a property. However, it’s no small task to choose, plant, and maintain flowers, bushes, shrubs, and trees. Here at Valley Landscaping, Stone and Patio, we work with you to choose the plants you’d most like, arrange them appropriately, and then aid in maintenance.
- Fire Pits: Perhaps one of the most inviting exterior elements you can get is a custom fire pit for entertaining. Whether you have a small, medium, or large property, we can accommodate you and provide a unique outdoor gathering point for your friends and family.