The air is getting crisper, and the trees are starting to turn, which means autumn is upon us. Are you dreaming of the ultimate outdoor getaway this fall? If so, then it’s time to get started preparing your outdoor space for optimal autumnal use. This includes everything from lawn clean-up to fall touches that cozy up your outdoor space and add the perfect autumn feel. If the idea of getting all of that done is overwhelming, then be sure to call on landscaping and design experts to help you pull it all together. Your outdoor space could include a great stone patio and pathways, a luxury outdoor kitchen and fireplace, or updated custom landscaping. The sky’s the limit.
Backyard Autumn Getaway Ideas in Maryland
So, what’s involved in transitioning your backyard to an autumn getaway? There are plenty of ideas, big and small, but we think some of the most important features to keep in mind include:
- Outdoor lighting—Focus on adding some lighting as the days get shorter, and your time outdoors may be more at night than during the summer.
- Fire features—Stock up on firewood for your firepit or grab extra propane tanks for an extra patio heater to add to your outdoor space.
- Fall flowers—Time to switch out your favorite summer blooms with fall favorites and even pumpkins too.
Whatever updates you choose to do to transition your outdoor space for a great autumn outdoor getaway, make sure you line up the help needed to bring it to fruition. This could be the help of family and friends or hiring landscape professionals to get the job done on time, within budget, and to your design specifications.
Steps to Get Your Yard Ready for Fall Entertaining
Your yard and the entertaining spaces in it require a bit of TLC throughout the year to keep things looking fresh and well-maintained. As you head into the fall season, some extra maintenance may be involved. Your lawn and garden will need a spruce-up, as well as your outdoor patio space.
- Pull out dead or diseased plants and replace them with fall favorites like mums, cabbage plants, and decorative grasses
- Trim back and divide your perennials so that they are healthy for next year
- Plant any fall bulbs you want to see pop next spring
- Turn your solid in garden beds
- Reseed your lawn if needed
- Clean and powerwash your deck and patio spaces
- Protect outdoor furniture from the elements
- Switch up your outdoor decor with things like fall-themed pillows
Contact Valley Deck & Patio to Get Your Autumn Backyard Getaway Started
The team at Valley Deck & Patio is well-prepared to help you get your outdoor space ready for fall. Contact us ASAP to schedule a complimentary design consultation to see how our experts can help your yard and entertaining spaces be the best they can be for continued outdoor entertaining this fall. We specialize in building custom solutions that suit your unique needs.
We can help you with:
- Paver walkways and pathways
- Firepit and outdoor fireplace design and installation
- Landscape design
- Luxury deck and patio design and installation
If you’re curious about what other clients have to say about our work, then check our client testimonials and portfolio. We serve the greater Baltimore and Washington D.C. areas, including Owings Mills, Ellicott City, Towson, Columbia, Timonium, Pikesville, and Ruxton. Our design and installation team is standing by, so give us a call at 410.983.6261 or fill out our online form and let us get back to you.